Note: Prices are given in Singapore dollars (SGD, S$, or just $).
Approximate exchange rates: 1 SGD = 0.8 USD = 0.6 EUR.
Most nationalities do not need a visa to enter Singapore as a visitor, but please make sure to check the entry and visa requirements.
- Taxi ($20-40 depending on time of day, ~20 min to city center).
- Airport shuttle bus service to city hotels ($9).
- Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) subway train (~$2, ~40 min to city center).
For local directions using different transportation options, gothere.sg can be useful.
If you travel by MRT, you have 3 ticket options:
- Standard Ticket for up to 6 rides ($1-$4 per ride).
- Stored value card ($12, inclusive of a $5 non-refundable card cost and a $7 credit; re-chargeable).
- Singapore Tourist Pass for unlimited rides during 1-3 days.
Taxis are plentiful, convenient, and affordable in Singapore; they can also be booked with mobile apps such as GrabTaxi or ComfortDelGro.
Useful Info & Links
Electricity in Singapore is 220V/50Hz; UK type electric plug.